Hi guys! So wow, another post.. I was very inspired to make tutorials here and now, especially I got some ideas poppin’ out on my mind yesterday. I was so excited to share what I’ve learned through the years when the internet became my source of knowledge and income.
I can’t remember when I started using a personal email address and when did I add it on my Gmail account. Oh I remember a very disappointing incident I have with my email address that I’ve added on my account, I didn’t know that I haven’t got any email address since there was an authentication error, sadly I lost clients that time, I have many inquiries about web design. Too sad huh. Lol.
Since logging on to your webhost email server is a bit cocky, somehow I did find a way on how to check my personal email address that I made through my web hosting cPanel. There are many ways to check your web mail…
- One through your http://yourdomain.com:2095
- Or right through your cPanel, you just click the Webmail and pick which program to use, so you can view your emails
- And third is you can either add it to any Email application that we have today, since I’m a Gmail user, I intend to add my other emails on it as well, you can add your other email addresses here, such as hotmail, live, aol, yahoo, etc.. and keep in mind that you can only add 5 email accounts. 😉
So let’s begin. On this tutorial I will be adding my new email address from my new domain.
First things first is you have to make your email address
- Simply log on to your web hosting cPanel account and look for the Mail tab and click Email Accounts
- Fill out the necessary details, as for me I put “info” as the name of the email address you can call it whatever you want admin, contact, etc.. (don’t forget the password you will put here, later on you will have to use that and well of course just in case you wanted to access via webmail, you can’t log on if you don’t have or remember that password, but don’t worry it’s very easy to change the password just in case you forgot it.)
Go to Settings > Accounts and Import > and click Add a POP3 mail account you own (remember you can also do this step when adding your other email addresses from other email company)
- Enter the email address you made
- Copy the email address and paste it to the Username, it must be the same or else you will get an error. Enter the password you made for it as well, the password you made through your cPanel account. Also check the 2 boxes, it’s a good setting for me, and I do recommend it, add the account. (the email address is already added on your Gmail account however, the next step would be asking if you want to be able to send for that email address as well, if you just want to receive for this email address then you are done, though you won’t be able to reply if you will not go to the next step.)
- Click Next
- You can change the name here to whatever you want, the name that will show when you reply to someone. Click next step
- Again enter the password here, and please remove the SMTP. The smtp server box should only have your domain name like HELLODEANN.COM or else you will get an error, other than that you can now proceed to the next step
- Now it will ask for the confirmation code so Gmail can verify it, just close the window
- And lastly it will be added to your accounts and import on the settings tab, and go ahead click the Check mail now wait for a minute and then check back to your inbox
After checking the inbox, you will get the email that was sent to your email address from your server. Just click the confirmation link and voila! You can now send through that email on your Gmail account. Easy peasy right?
Let me know if you got it correct or if you have questions on setting it up. I’ am glad to help. 🙂